Seattle being bitter and bias?
07 February 2006
In addition to the ESPN SportCenter guys unanimously saying the officiating determined the outcome of the Super Bowl, several other sport columnists feel the same:
- Seahawks won everything but the game - FoxSports.com
- Steeling one: Hawks get robbed - Skip Bayless (Seahawk hater, blabbermouth), ESPN.com
- Throw a flag on these Super Bowl referees - MiamaHerald.com’s Jason Whitlock
- TV unveils zebras at their worst - The[Toronto]Star.com
- Give The Super Bowl MVP To The Officials - says PatsFans.com
- Iffy officiating - Suntimes.com
- Game’s third team upstaged Steelers, Hawks - more from ESPN.com
- How the referees handed Pittsburgh the Super Bowl - Slate.com
There’s also emails circulating with (digitally manipulated) photos of Steelers Coach Bill Cowher handing head referee Bill Leavy money during the pregame warmups, as well as one with Leavy and caption “Steelers’ 12th man”.
Still think Seattle’s just bitter and bias?